school memories...

Its already been a year since our reunion and I cut start (inaguration, I meant) the lines by saying "that day you kill the child in you, you are dead!"....
The one's I remember most vividly, the one's I enjoyed the most, regardless of anyone else's enjoyment or lack of it, one's that stood out from every other routine day for whatever reason... they aren't necessarily in cronological order, I've just written them down as they occur to me...
 Remembering my childhood, a favourite thought;
Those are where most of my memories are.
Friendship is all what we sought,
KHO-KHO n KABADDI for fun;
Science,Social,Maths were all what we were thought,
Languages n Poems for pun;
Now that we grew up, its all done;
I wish it did not have to end,
I just want to do it all over again!



These moments captured reminds me every now & then, that.... am as young as I was then, As young as my faith but only as old as your doubt!;  my reminiscent of school days contrasts with today's...
I dont draw or paint on papers anymore!
I dont act or sing on stages anymore!
Because for I believe that, old skills never die;
I just have to dust the cobwebs off once & a while.
With my thinking hat on I realised that, In my youth the days were short and the years were long. But, its vice versa now: Years short and days long! Adding to the fact is that years teach much which the days never knew. As I write this down, I am getting late for school... so I better get going..
Shirt tucked in, tie straight;
Shoes polished & socks white.
A quick prayer hiding from peetla's sight!
stand to attention and lead off from right....



11 comments:

Divya said...

Oh my God...!! such an awesome collection, which made my eyes go wet with a wide smile on my face :) wonderful flashback....thank you very much....lets have another reunion very soon including all others who missed it last time....i might keep writing in the comment section as and when i see the video, which i think would be more than several times :) Thanks to u and Sudar for making the collection so beautiful :)

confused Idiot said...

Wow..that was the best photo collection i have ever seen...It brings great joy and happiness to browse your old school photo collection...I have been a fan of your blog ever since u started posting it..u always project things in a very different and pleasing way...that's what keeps you noticed among other bloggers...another Great post to you best one's....Keep up the same spirit..!!

Unknown said...

Hhmm..i jus cudn believe d fact tht its already 1yr passed by aftr our reunion last yr.those wer d moments whch will remain fresh for eternity. n i jus had to c ur "school memories" blog, n i hav to say,tht they jus made me go back to our schooldays, n they wer d best innocent smiles u hav captured n treasured so far...thanx for sharing tht...n u deserve an appreciation for reminding our gud old childhood days...keep goin..n expecting more like ths in ur blogs... CHEERS:):):)

Unknown said...

Raghu .... " U Rocked ", I genuinly bend my head to say you.... "its a great job to get those collections and ur passion to do this that make us laugh and remember those days" .. Great job for sudha too.... for 2nd time reunion along with teachers and for this collection too.

Unknown said...

Hey very nice collection..it took us back to our school days.. making us laugh over our own pictures :D ..thanku very much sudar and raghu.excellent job..!
all kidos in the pictures are soo innocent and fantastic..:)
kudos to u raghu..superb blogspot!! keep going :)

black_oak said...

dude great wrk i dont know from where u got those pics i remember occassion in my home very well, one thing i dont understnd where u find time 4 all these things but next i also like to be a part of production team next time i think i have some negative with me i'll find out n let u know if required.
take care
regards
hari

Raghu said...

@Divya: Good for ur eyes n heart.. lol
@Sumi: U guys should hav one..
@Tharini: I did not own a camera then.. its Pavan's if I remember correctly, so in a way he should get a chunk of credits.. :)
@Roopa: I did not see U do tat.. lol; I rocked!?! tats lot of hype there.. :D
@divya: !!! thanks any way.
@hari: oh now tats motivation bro.. bring it on

Pavan said...

Hiya,

Nice dude. I am impressed :)

When the heck are you coming back to Bangalore? I am married already and you are still in hora desha. tumba mosa :)

Praveen said...

Good Work Raghu....
@Divya...for this re-union I will be missing :'( :'(

ush_123 said...

raghu...superb man...i never expected tis it was really a gud
surprise.......thanks a lot

Raghu said...

@Pavan: mosa.!?! promise me u'll buy me some samosa :)

@Praveen: dont worry about missing the nxt reunion... coz its not happening.!

@Usha: delivering the unexpected is my speciality.. :D